Vital Boxing | Mayweather v Pacquiao Moves Closer
Vital Login
Social Login

Other Sites

Network Navigation

Vital Partners

'If It's Boxing, It's Vital'

Mayweather v Pacquiao Moves Closer

Is the big match up that would see Floyd Mayweather Junior and Manny Pacquiao getting close, are two of the most famous names in boxing set to finally climb into the ring?

Well to be honest it is hard to say it is or it isn’t!

The press is currently reporting that the fight has moved nearer with the Pacquiao camp having put pen-to-paper on their part of the contract.

Apparently, in match-up that is being described a bout worth at least £150 million, the Pacquiao camp have agreed on a 40% share of the purse leaving Mayweather with the bigger 60% share

Perhaps this 60/40 split is necessary to get Mayweather to climb into the ring, speaking about his camp having signed the deal, Bob Arum has remarked to the media,

“I want to get some movement here, with bringing Mayweather to the table so we can get everything signed and get the networks together and get the thing finalized.”

One big stumbling block, other than getting Mayweather to sign the contract, remaining is who will televise the fight. Mayweather is currently tied to Showtime whilst Pacquiao is tied to HBO.

Earlier, I intimated that I’m not sure whether the fight has moved any closer or not.

I seem to remember that last year Amir Khan had signed his part of the contract but Mayweather never did, even though a poll on his very own web-site favoured Mayweather taking on Khan.

I’ll believe these two will climb into the same ring together when I see it with my own eyes.


The Journalist

Writer: Kid Glove Mail feedback, articles or suggestions

Date:Thursday January 15 2015

Time: 5:27PM

 

Have Your Say

Log in...
with your social network     OR     with your Vital account

Recent Vital Boxing Articles

Brook Not on the Slide (Wednesday May 24 2017)

Brook Fancies Spence Job (Tuesday May 23 2017)

Whyte Pulls Out of Wach Fight (Wednesday May 17 2017)

Adams Wins in Round Two (Sunday May 14 2017)

Gavin Wins on Points (Sunday May 14 2017)

Wladimir Keeping Everyone Waiting (Saturday May 13 2017)

Tyson Fury Left in Limbo (Saturday May 13 2017)

Gavin in Last Chance Saloon (Monday May 8 2017)

Has Eddie Hearn Set the Trend? (Monday May 8 2017)

Tyson Fury Talks AJ (Sunday May 7 2017)

Alvarez Beats Chavez on Points (Sunday May 7 2017)

Parker Wants Joshua Fight (Friday May 5 2017)

Tyson Fury Won’t Come Back (Friday May 5 2017)

The US Can Wait (Friday May 5 2017)

AJ Wants UK Fights (Friday May 5 2017)

Joshua IBF Belt Relinquish Talk (Thursday May 4 2017)

Wilder Interested in Bellew Fight (Wednesday May 3 2017)

Khan Wants that Wembley Experience (Wednesday May 3 2017)

Khan Eyes November Ring Return (Wednesday May 3 2017)

Coming Soon to Vital Boxing (Wednesday May 3 2017)

Stepping on the Gas (Monday May 1 2017)

Hearn Talks Joshua (Monday May 1 2017)

Bellew Won’t Fight Joshua (Monday May 1 2017)

Cordina Wins in Round One (Monday May 1 2017)

Klitschko Wants Joshua Re-Match (Sunday April 30 2017)

You Voted for a Joshua Win (Sunday April 30 2017)

Joshua Wants Fury Fight (Sunday April 30 2017)

Wembley Stadium – Running Order (Saturday April 29 2017)

Vitali’s Backing Wladimir (Thursday April 27 2017)

Wladimir the Memory Stick Man (Thursday April 27 2017)

Lewis Tips Joshua to Win (Wednesday April 26 2017)

Is Tyson Fury on the way back? (Tuesday April 25 2017)

Hughie Fury v Joseph Parker Off (Monday April 24 2017)

Murray v Rosado – Liverpool Tonight (Saturday April 22 2017)

Joshua Ready for All-Comers (Saturday April 22 2017)

Conlan to Fight in Chicago (Thursday April 20 2017)

Fourth Time Lucky for Saint George? (Thursday April 20 2017)

Joshua and Fury in Social Network Blast (Wednesday April 19 2017)

Fury v Parker – Set for UK Move? (Sunday April 16 2017)

Okolie Makes It 2 KO’S out of 2 (Sunday April 16 2017)

The Views of the Boxers (Sunday April 16 2017)

Indongo Confident of Beating Burns (Friday April 14 2017)

Touting Rules the Roost (Wednesday April 12 2017)

Campbell Added to Wembley Show (Monday April 10 2017)

A Bad Week for Frampton (Sunday April 9 2017)

Selby Ordered to Fight Barros (Sunday April 9 2017)

Archived Vital Boxing Articles

List All Vital Boxing Articles
Have your say
Click here to suggest an article
Click here to suggest a poll

Vital Members League (view all)

1. merlin 706
2. Al Billy 373
3. Red Boy 131
4. Putney 123
5. Fulham Badger 103
6. Kid Glove 76
7. oxfordspur 54
8. hogeyman 31
9. eliza jhon 19
10. rorzzman 16

Current Site Poll (view all polls)

Josh Warrington v Kiko Martinez?
Suggested By:  Kid Glove
Warrington to Win! 50%
Martinez to Win! 50%
A Draw! 0%